Vice President of Business Development
Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Number: 4519
About Our Client
Our client is a fast-growing private equity company that has a portfolio of companies in the Life Sciences, CDMO, and Cell & Gene Therapy space. While they use closely held family funds for their investments, they perform and operate as a professional private equity fund. Their founders and senior leadership are data driven and decision oriented, but down-to-earth and keep the big picture in mind- the work they do in healthcare ultimately impact patients. The leaders they recruit for their portfolio companies are trusted and become “part of the family.”
This Private Equity firm has recently bought a facility from one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and are building a new CDMO company based out of that site (company name is still TBD). This new CDMO organization will focus on sterile injectables and has volume capacity for 250 million units of blow fill seal (BFS), 6 million units in Oncology, and 5 million units for specialty pharma.
About the Position
This Vice President of Business Development position is a brand new role in a newly created CDMO. The person coming into this role will be in a position to immediately impact the the revenues of the company and help direct the sales strategy!
- The person in this position will start by calling on their network of generic pharma and specialty pharma across Europe to sell CDMO services for BFS and will start getting tech transfer conversations started for sterile injectable oncology which can be delivered on 15 months down the road.
- The VP of Business Development will utilize their own network along with hot leads from the Private Equity firm’s network while working on prospecting and digital marketing for lead generation.
- As this is a new role and a new organization, the VP will also help put in front end and back end sales structure for the company.
- There is a possibility that later down the line this VP could build out a business development team underneath them.
This is an opportunity for someone that is excited to help grow a new organization (with a strong backing), can operate in a fast paced and changing environment as this company gets launched, and is attracted to the possibility of joining a private equity firm that could potentially use them as a “player” in multiple portfolio companies.
About the Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Life Sciences, or a related degree
- 7-10 years+ of high level sales experience in the BFS or sterile injectable CDMO industry
- Ability to hit the ground running with a network of pharma contacts to call on
- Ability to operate in a chaotic environment as structure is put in place
- Prior leadership experience is preferred as this person will help put together sales structure and sales strategy for the CDMO
- Location: Europe, with a preference for someone in the UK, France, or Germany