A deeper look at how to improve your chances for hire.
RESOURCES FOR JOB SEEKERS
THE 4 P’S OF A CAREER MOVE
Often, candidates only take a short-term perspective on their next position, looking at it as merely a “job change” and focusing very heavily on compensation. Unfortunately, this often leads to a short duration and a wasted opportunity. We recommend candidates view this as a “career move” and dig in heavily on the 4P’s described below.
- How solid is the leadership of the company, as well as your immediate supervisor?
- Is this their first rodeo or have they shown consistent, positive leadership in their track record?
- What can you learn from these folks?
- Is the product or service unique?
- Are there barriers to entry or patents?
- Is this a “one-trick pony” company or are their new products coming down the pipeline?
- Do they “walk their talk”?
- Do they invest in their employees and promote from within?
- Is it an open, ethical, transparent culture or is everyone periodically
- looking over their shoulder (“watch your back!”)
- We all have bills to pay and need to be fairly rewarded
- Are there some Long Term Incentives (LTI) that employees can receive and share the company’s gains?
There are numerous web sites available with tips on Resume assistance and below are a few representative examples.
There are numerous web sites available with tips on LinkedIn assistance and below are a few representative examples.
What’s holding you back?
Let’s find you the perfect job.