Vice President of Sales
Location: New York, NY
Job Number: 4534
About the Company
Our client is a NYC based pharmaceutical management company that offers a full suite of specialty pharmacy services and infusion therapies. They have medications for a wide range of conditions such as: autoimmune diseases, connective tissue disorders, general dermatology, gastroenterology, hepatic conditions, immunology, musculoskeletal conditions, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, rare diseases, respirology, and rheumatology.
They are a fully licensed institution, as well as a URAC-accredited pharmaceutical distributor, adhering to the strictest standards and procedural guidelines. The URAC accreditation process is intensive, requiring a rigorous examination of a company’s history and procedures. It involves a comprehensive review by a panel of medical professionals, who conduct interviews and tour facilities. Life Specialty Solutions has received a full URAC accreditation based on our outstanding record for sterile compounding, sanitation, safe practices, and on our vast experience and diligence in handling medicines and medical devices.
The company is currently in growth mode as they have entered the infusion market, hired a Director of Operations, and are currently looking at a couple of acquisitions. They are at a point in which they need to hire a VP of Sales to help take the company to the next level.
About the Position
The Vice President of Sales will manage a team of 5-6 Sales Specialists (three in NYC and two in NJ). The person coming into this role will coach the team, put sales structure in place, and help direct sales strategy in order to grow revenues.
- Coach, mentor, and travel with the Sales Specialists to help them refine their sales skills and aid them in growing relationships with physicians.
- Help put sales structure in place- quotas, territories, commission structures, CRM activity, sales metrics, etc.
- As a senior leader in the organization- help direct sales and marketing strategy, find new avenues for growth, and help shape the company for future growth.
- Maintain timely communication with the leadership team and keep them abreast to market trends.
- Recruit and hire new Sales Specialists as necessary
- Help close larger deals and work closely with strategic accounts.
About the Candidate Profile
- 4+ years of sales management experience within specialty pharmacy or infusion therapy
- Experience helping a small company scale and put structure in place
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel throughout the Northeast as needed
- Must live in the greater NYC area or be willing to relocate
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work in an unstructured and changing environment