Field Service Engineer
Location: Boston, MA
Job Number: 4541
About our Client:
Our Client is a world-renowned leader in the optical instrument and microscope industry. Their mission is to advance healthcare and provide a better quality of life through a century of expertise in optical technology. Their portfolio of microscope systems includes products for the educational, clinical, materials science, and research market as well as the biotech/pharma industry. This organization continues to grow and is committed to accelerating clinical and diagnostic imaging innovation to improve healthcare and provide a better quality of life.
About the Position:
The Field Service Engineer will install and repair biosystems equipment at customer sites. Assist sales personnel with installs for sales demonstrations. Assemble, calibrate and adjust equipment and define and install software applications to conform to customized customer application needs. Perform on-site repairs at customer facilities as needed.
Candidate Location: Boston
• Territory: Nationwide travel to customer sites
• Assemble confocal systems; calibrate and adjust laser fixtures and lasers.
• Define and install software applications.
• Integrate computers to allow both application specific visual data output and recording.
• Assist in conforming confocal image output and data to specific customer application needs.
• Assist with installations for sales demonstrations.
• Perform on-site repairs at customer facilities.
• Communicate, troubleshoot and solve any service related problems with customers or sales personnel.
• Assist customers/users in establishing data and communication links to ensure files can be transmitted to servers/networks.
• Routinely access customer sites for field installations.
•Attend sales meetings, training programs, workshops, seminars and trade shows.
• Unpack and assemble confocal components and repack for shipment.
• Assist in assembly, alignment and quality control of incoming systems.
• Attend and/or conduct training courses and seminars as needed.
• All other duties as required or needed.
- BS required (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred), Ph.D. preferred
- 5-8 years’ experience in related repair and application experience on Biosystems and Confocal optical/electronic equipment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent mechanical and electrical knowledge, optical instrumentation preferred
- Excellent pc skills
- Knowledge of confocal image applications and image adjustment
- Knowledge of related software and networking applications
- Ability to travel up to 75%, including overnight travel
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble small and large objects.
- Ability to see details at close range
- Ability to routinely access and visit customer sites and travel to and from multiple work locations.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.