Business Development Account Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Number: 4526
Territory: Northwest but preferred candidate reside in San Francisco
About Our Client:
Our client has over 100 years of experience and is a trusted leader in the field of optics and imaging. World-renowned for its products, this company is committed to innovation and development of cutting-edge technologies. Our client boasts a broad portfolio of microscopes, systems, and other products to address optical and imaging needs across academic, research, and clinical labs, as well as the biotech/pharma industry. As they move forward, our client is committed to accelerating clinical and diagnostic imaging innovation to improve healthcare and provide a better quality of life.
About The Role:
The Biotechnology Account Manager overall responsibility is to increase sales, market penetration and achieve sales budget by establishing sound business plans to achieve dollar volume and goals. They will sell direct to end-users, execute sales plan and achieve established sales goals. They will perform proper account management, internal networking of target accounts, and ensure representation of Microscopy and Imaging Products.
- Develop strategic sales plan for sales region and ensure achievement of sales budget and product mix.
- Expand sales channels to increase market penetration in designated product areas and markets.
- Provide applications and technical expertise on all product lines to build sales and support dealers within assigned region.
- Maintain current customer database information for respective territory.
- Monitor daily/monthly orders and provide accurate account information to Sales Management.
- Provide demonstrations, installations and training to end-users of product technology and applications.
- Proactive Project management for all ongoing opportunities within target accounts.
- Submit reports providing critical sales data including but not limited to sales activity, daily activity log, business trends and competitive activity.
- Attend sales meetings, training, workshops seminars and trade shows as required
- Monitor all incoming inquiries via telephone and e-mail and ensure timely response.
- Work outside of normal hours of operation, as needed, in order to fulfill essential functions and responsibilities.
- Maintain proper reporting for expenses and consignment.
- Report and maintain sales pipeline report and report to Sales Manager.
- Provide sales activity information to sale management and headquarters. This shall include win/loss reports, quality issues, business trends and unique applications.
- Maintain customer database.
- Provide weekly or monthly reports as requested by management or headquarters.
- All other duties as required or needed
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience working within Pharma, Biotech, or large Hospital Systems in a clinical or account management capacity.
- BS in scientific or business field required
- Experience with MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience with Customer Relations Management Software, such as Salesforce.com
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective Project Management skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate internally and externally, representing the Company to customers and other external sources.
- Demonstrated experience delivering effective presentations
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25lbs
- Ability to travel, overnight, 20-50%
- Ability to visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.