Advanced Imaging Specialist
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job Number: 4508
About Our Client:
Our client has over 100 years of experience and is a trusted leader in the field of optics and imaging. World-renowned for its products, this company is committed to innovation and development of cutting-edge technologies. Our client boasts a broad portfolio of microscopes, systems, and other products to address optical and imaging needs across academic, research, and clinical labs, as well as the biotech/pharma industry. As they move forward, our client is committed to accelerating clinical and diagnostic imaging innovation to improve healthcare and provide a better quality of life.
About the Role:
In this role, the Advanced Imaging Specialist will work to increase sales, maximize market penetration and achieve the sales budget by promoting our client’s imaging solutions and providing technical and application knowledge in a team sales environment. The Advanced Imaging Specialist will be responsible for effectively selling directly to scientists and end users in the academic and biomedical research market and achieve established sales budget goals though product promotion, demonstration, and proposals, acting as a brand ambassador for our client’s products. In addition, the Advanced Imaging Specialist will formulate and demonstrate software solutions with all applicable platforms, using your skills of integrating systems and imaging functions including experimental design, imaging acquisition, processing, analysis, display, and data management.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Responsible for the technical components of driving advanced imaging sales. Execute a strategic sales plan to achieve sales budget and product mix goals for territory. Work effectively in a self-directed manner without direct, daily supervision.
- Expand sales channels to increase market penetration in designated product areas and markets through individual actions as well as a part of a coordinated sales team.
- Provide effective and persuasive product demonstrations in a competitive sales environment.
- Perform detailed and customer-oriented support and training sessions for all imaging products.
- Lead the process of preparing customer data reviews, proposals and presentations.
- Ensure excellent customer service outcomes through personal actions and effective resource utilization.
About the Job Requirements:
- Territory: S.San Francisco, Palo Alto
- Technical degree in Biosciences or related scientific field. BS is required, MS or PhD is preferred.
- Experience in sales, customer service, or in a customer facing role is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of microscopy and scientific instruments, with hands-on high-performance imaging applications experience including confocal and super resolution highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Mechanical aptitude for instrument demos, assembly and integration.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate internally and externally, representing the Company professionally and effectively to customers and other external sources.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Capability to prioritize and multi-task, managing multiple projects of varying magnitudes and velocities.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others in a team selling environment, and maintain them over time.
- Ability to routinely access and visit customer sites to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
- Up to 90% field work at customer sites with some overnight travel required.